Client: OSU Medical Center
Description: A water sprinkler joint failed and water ran for an extended length of time before the flow from the system could be stopped. Areas directly affected included the Cath lab, respiratory therapy, sleep lab, dialysis unit, emergency waiting room, out-patient radiology, basement mechanical rooms and associated areas effecting 4 levels of the hospital.
Scope of work: Liberty OHM was part of disaster team that provided the following:
- Developed health and safety protocols for cleaning, remediation and restoration of mold bacteria hazards from Category III water loss.
- Provided oversight of remediation contractor.
- Developed remediation zones. Supervised the construction of remediation containments.
- Provided on-going sampling of effected and non-effected areas for environmental hazards.
- Worked with Infection Control Staff to assure ICRA and hygiene standards are maintained during restoration.
- Provided clearance sampling of remediation zones.
- Attended employee meeting and answered questions regarding the restoration efforts.
- Worked with insurance adjusters and their consultants to establish basis for damages.